Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: +12V / -12V Power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnathen

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
linear virtual ground 24v + i 12v

I am trying to generate a +12 / -12V supply from AC current input (1A). I need the voltage (+12 / -12V) to be gererate within a few msecs.
I have a design attached that generates the 24V ; but what i need is +12 and -12V. Any help is greatly apreciated.

Thank you very much - I was concerned with the unevenness of the +12/-12 Voltage, as the current starts flowing. I think some of the circuits you indicated by resolve this issue. Again thank you.

Generating virtual ground using any linear tehniques works only for low output power. It's not very clear if you need to convert the whole 1A/24V power into +/-12V. If so, methodes presented will produce all a lot of heat.

Melc -tks - The 24Vdc, i will use to power up most of my circuit.
I need the +12 / -12V supplies to power up a load of aproximatelly 20mA (4 quad -package op-amps). I need the + and - suplies for these opamps.
I need to generate this +12 / -12Vdc the same time the 24Vdc is been generated without a delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.