Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

heartbeat sensor using buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

liverpoolkop90

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am in need of a piezo electric sensor.. my aim is to measure heart beat using it.. I tried of obtaining heart beat using the sensor obtained from buzzer, but it does'nt worked satisfactorily......so can anyone please tell me the electronic components or equipments from which I can get piezo electric sensor with medium sensitivity.

thank you.

piezo is not a good choice here. also size of piezo will be large. But how are you wanting to use this ? you want to make it like a stethoscope for full heart signal monitoring, or only to measure the pulse rate ?

if you want like stethscope then you can get many sizes of piezo benders. But here maybe a simple microphone might be easier and better.

If you only want to do pulse rate monitor, then even a simple LED (red) with either a photodiode or even an LDR can be made to work well if you apply it to even the fingertip.

i only want the pulse rate, then the output is connected to speaker. i try to use electret micrpophone, but it did't work. The circuit is complicated too. i really run out of ideas right now.

piezo is not a good choice here. also size of piezo will be large. But how are you wanting to use this ? you want to make it like a stethoscope for full heart signal monitoring, or only to measure the pulse rate ?

if you want like stethscope then you can get many sizes of piezo benders. But here maybe a simple microphone might be easier and better.

If you only want to do pulse rate monitor, then even a simple LED (red) with either a photodiode or even an LDR can be made to work well if you apply it to even the fingertip.

can you me the circuit? if you dont mind.
ok then simple circuit with red led and ldr even can be used, along with one opamp. then simple current gain circuit can be put in to drive speaker also.

- - - Updated - - -

can you give me the details, please? i think that might help me.
You can see in my album "Some of electronics projects 1" in second row 5 pictures of Heart Beat Meter. If you intrested I will give you details.

For counting I use this circuit :

HeartRateMeasurementCkt1-550x334.jpg

https://embedded-lab.com/blog/?p=1671

For 3-digit led counter with PIC16F628. Firmware source is made in MikroC and you can adjust time for counting (number of pulses x 60).

PCB Top.png PCB Bottom.png

For sensing circuit I use this circuit with some modifications.

HeartBeatPulseDetector.png

https://embedded-lab.com/blog/?p=5508

I replace TCRT1000 with L-53P3C 5mm phototransistor and MCP6004 with LM324D, for TX led I use red 5mm high bright 15000mcd, and all works fine.

PCB_Top.png PCB_Bottom.png

This code, circuits and PCBs works 100%, and you can see finished device in my photo album. If there is some problem during making this just say. I have lots more pictures maded during assembling process, but I look to avoid upload of that, but if there is needs for that say.

Last edited:
This code, circuits and PCBs works 100%, and you can see finished device in my photo album. If there is some problem during making this just say. I have lots more pictures maded during assembling process, but I look to avoid upload of that, but if there is needs for that say.

where's the speaker connected as asked by poster ?

where's the speaker connected as asked by poster ?

You can use Vout for speaker amplifier or simple you can sense pulse led diode with optocoupler or transistor and make audio signal at each heart beat.

You should not mix electronic stetoscope with hearth beat metering. Thise are two different things.

;-)

You can use Vout for speaker amplifier or simple you can sense pulse led diode with optocoupler or transistor and make audio signal at each heart beat.

You should not mix electronic stetoscope with hearth beat metering. Thise are two different things.

;-)

i know. i am not mixing them. are you ?

but poster doesn't want to meter or to stethoscope. he wants to connect to speaker. see post #4

i know. i am not mixing them. are you ?

but poster doesn't want to meter or to stethoscope. he wants to connect to speaker. see post #4

I dont understand you, what you trying to say.

Post #4 says:

i only want the pulse rate, then the output is connected to speaker. i try to use electret micrpophone, but it did't work. The circuit is complicated too. i really run out of ideas right now.

I already explain how he can connect speaker/buzzer to circuit.

He can use only sensing circuit without led counting part, if he wants only to hear heart beep rate on some speaker or buzzer. I provide PCB for both parts counting and sensing, PCBs are double sided. He can use only one PCB if he need only that. I dont see here problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.