Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HE current transducer CSLA1CD in power monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuu

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hall Effect CT

Hello,
I am using HE current transducer CSLA1CD in my power monitor, but i am not sure how to do calibration or "current vs sensor output" graph. can anyone direct me how to do this.
thanks

Re: Hall Effect CT

The easiest way to calibrate this sensor is to use, say, 1A dc current and initially take two measurements: one with 1 turn and one with 50 turns ..

According to the data sheet, you should read ≈ [Vcc/2 +49.6mV] / 1 turn / 1A .. @12Vdc ..

So, with 1 turn and 1A the reading should be somewhere around 6050mV, whereas the reading with 50 turns should be close to 8500mV ..
Now you can reverse the current and the readings should be 5950mV (1turn) and 3500mV (50turns) ..

Of course, you can use different constant current source and/or different number of turns, it's up to you ..

Rgds,
IanP

OK thanks,
I will try to work on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back