Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapuia

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I hope this is the right section for my question: Will an HDMI-ARC output work with an HDMI audio extractor?

I bought a 55-inch TV but the built-in sound is quite poor. For watching cable TV, I connect the analog audio output of the set-top box to a decent 2.1 powered speaker I already have, but of course that doesn't work for sound generated in the TV like those from Youtube, Netflix, USB flash memory.

The TV does have an HDMI-ARC port but I don't want to invest in a good ARC-compatible sound system right now. Chinese-made HDMI-to-AV converters are available for around $5 (US) and I wondered if these would work as an inexpensive stop-gap solution. The catch here is that these are not specifically for ARC. Will they work?

BTW, I'm not asking anyone to guarantee that a particular product - Chinese or otherwise - will or will not work. What I'm asking is about the principle of feeding an ARC signal to a 'normal' HDMI input.

Status
Not open for further replies.