Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HDL Coding design and methodology

Status
Not open for further replies.

FixitFast

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear expreienced friends

I am relatively new to the field of FPGA but I really want to learn the field and do good in that.

I have several problem while coding some system. I can make the block diagram, then over all work flow
for the system, but when it comes to programming specially synchronously connected signals, where one signal
drives other, and then other etc. and then the chain drives the main signal (just as an examples). I am quite confused.

So the method then I use is using the waveform diagram, but I am not sure if this is the proper way of doing it since
when in this way changing one signal mught affect any other signal.

What does the experience user do in these circumstances.

You can learn behavioral type of programming in VHDL, since it easy to describe the behavior than the structure when complexity goes on increasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back