Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Have anyone used Si3210 ProSLIC IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhirkv

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using SI 3210 ProSLIC in my design and i dont have a perfect 1.024MHz clk, instead i derive a clock from my input 50MHZ clk of 1.0204 MHz and i am not able to access the ProSLIC. I saw the document of ProSLIC Initialization and i followed the steps as it is through a state machine. But still the SDO line of si 3210 is in high impedance. Pclk and FSync are in phase. i dont have any issues in having a seperate 1.024MHz clk in my design. Is there anything else i have to concentrate while accessing SPI of proslic.

Thanks in advance

Hey Sudhir,

Hi This is Faiyaz

Did you get solution to your below problem? I am having the same problem in my design. I am having total 6 Si3215 devices interfaced to a common SPI bus in individual chip select mode. SDO line remains in high impedence state when i communicate to 2-3 Si3215 devices out of 6.

What solution you applied to overcome this problem?

Thanks
Faiyaz

Hi,

I have used only one ProSLIC. I guess if ur SDO is in high impedence then it must be a problem of the u r SPI controller. If u can try connecting only one ProSLIC then u can come to a conclusion that u r SPI controller is not a problem.

i have issue with the si3210 in daisy chain mode

Hi;

I have issues with Si3210. i am using this with PIC32MX675F512L microcontroller as master SPI with the main clock is 72Mhz and spi clock is 12 Mhz,other SPI settings are CPE =1;CKE = 0; and operating in 8-bit mode. In our board 8 si3210 are connected in daisy chain mode.

In normal mode , i can able to do register read and write operation(i.e 2 cycle operation).But in case of Daisy chain mode write and read operation is not seems to be reliable, It takes 2 consecutive write and read operation to achieve the result.

My doubts here is:
1. How do i confirm whether my torget is configured for Daisy chain mode.
2, How do i confirm whether the read write opearation is happening on perticular chip.

Note: I am configuring Daisy chain during power up time, by writing 0x80 to SPIMODE register(zeroth register) this operation is 2 cycles only.

With regards
Nagesha
:?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back