Status
Not open for further replies.

zhaofeng1983

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does PSS simulation of SpectreRF in Cadence use harmonic balance method? I need to simulate the design in SpectreRF. Thank you.

no PSS is not a harmonic balance simulator , it is a steady state time domian simulation , but cadence released a harmonic balance simulation in the new Spectrerf

if u want to use harmonic balanced u can use ADS , the harmonic balance engine in ADS is very powerfull

khouly

Thanks, khouly.
I don't have the models for ADS. So I can't transfer my design into ADS enviroment

there is a lnk in cadence and ads called IFF dynamic link , so it can be done , another way , in ads there a feature called netlist converter , u can convert the models of spectrerf or hspice or spice 3 to ADS model so u can work in the circuit level in ADS

khouly

is there any tutorial on the model transformation?
Can the specific model file such as TSMC0.18 model be transformed into ADS models?

simply open ads , and open any project

in main window , the file menu , select import file , and make it netlist , and then more options , select the type of simulator ,

and select option "ads netlist"

browse the file , and click import

that's it ,
u can get the 0.18 um model of hspice from mosis , and convert it to ads

khouly

Thanks for ur advice.
I have found a document for IFF file translation.
I have hspice models for cadence (the models were attached with the spectre model but in different file). is that the hspice models which can be translated to ADS models?

yeah sure u can translate these hspice model to ads format , and even in cadence check how to translate the schematic of cadence to ads ,

a friend of mine told me he use it alot

khouly

tx a lot for ur great help!
May I have ur email or other contact method for that I can contact with u when u a offline?

u may email me at: zhaofeng@fudan.edu.cn

Added after 1 minutes:

OK , tx again for u help

Added after 3 hours 20 minutes:

khouly, I have searched some docs on netlist translation for spectre. But the doc only introduces how to change the spectre model to ADS model in text form. But ADS does't have the tool to transform Spectre or Hspice models into ADS ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…