Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hardware interrupt issue in PIC8f452

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilal shareef

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,
I am using PIC18f452 to count the number of times the pushbutton1 is pressed. I have used 2 push buttons , first is connected to Hardware interrupt (RB0/INT0) and second is connected to Simple GPIO. what i have done is that i have enabled and disabled the hardaware interrupt using second button, Now the issue is that when i start pressing button 1 before enabling the hardware interrupt, the INT0 pin tends to hold the signal and as soon as I press second button to enable the interrupt the controller due to that holded signal jumps to iNT0 ISR regardless of current state on INT0 Pin. But when i first enable the hardware interrupt and then give pulses on iNT0 pin then it works fine, So, Please tell me whats wrong when i give signal to INT0 first before enabling the INT0, Whats the issue ????

What edge are you detecting? Maybe you are detecting +ve edge (assuming your button input is high when pressed). Try detecting -ve edge.

You would normally ensure interrupt flags are clear just before enabling them.

Keith

thanks keith, the issue is solved now. It was because of flags...

Status
Not open for further replies.