Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hardware built using COM port, connect to LabVIEW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry_June

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hardware!

Have any one used to build same simple hardware or other hardware buy yourself, by using COM port and can connected to LabVIEW?
If have, or you know where I can find please tell me, thanks!

Re: Hardware!

Hi Jerry,

It is very easy to use COM port for connecting peripherals and boards. More details you can find in books like "Serial port complete" and "Parallel port complete".

If u are looking connection for a specific device then you can google it.

ok, thanks this book i have already, but I want to build some of my own hardware that can use with LabVIEW program. I have to created the temperature control use COM, but when conect to Labview the program dont know that port.

Hi,

There are two ways of doing communiction with PC for custome development board.
1) Study already existing board and use those protocols in your custome board.
2) Design your cusotme board and then write a software driver in C or C++. Details of standards can be found in the LabView manuals.

There are many keil board available in market, and labview also has software update for keil boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back