Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Handover in Wimax: Basestation versus Mobile station

Status
Not open for further replies.

pudukalyani

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If the Basestation(BS) can initiate handover then why there is a facility for Mobile station(MS) initiated Handover????On what basis it is given priority to MS initiated Handover ove BS initiated Handover. the question is with regard to wimax.
please solve this ambiguity, by some answer or any paper with which i can analyse myself.

Re: Handover in Wimax

If I understand your question: The basis to make handover is on the power of signal to BS side after it depend of the number of user if the BS is busy, in the GSM case and i think it's the same with WIMAx too.

ya you understood correct, but the HO happens with MS due to the loss in Signal strength ( RSSI and CINR values) but the BS can initiate HO due to loss in signal strength and the overloading.

The decision of HO based on overloading, can be taken by only BS.

If MS and BS initiate HO, MS is always given priority to initiate the HO.

well coming to the Point, keeping the overloading aside, if MS is able to initiate the HO based on signal strength then why is BS also initiating HO. is there any significance in it??????

MS is given more chance because it is maintaing a list of would be/future BS, so MS can do the activity in a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.