Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hand held Center feed Dipole antenna @225-400 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

bijus

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I would like to construct a Hand Held, Center feed Dipole antenna at frequency band of 225-400 MHz.
Can any one sume about how can i approach the design in HFSS.
my other requirement is the max length of the antenna is 40cm. How to minimize the size of the antenna? is it helical antenna?
if yes please suggest your ideas.... correct me if i am wrong...

Thanks for your time and advises in advance.....

Last edited:

Hello all,

I would like to construct a Hand Held, Center feed Dipole antenna at frequency band of 225-400 MHz.
Can any one sume about how can i approach the design in HFSS.
my other requirement is the max length of the antenna is 40cm. How to minimize the size of the antenna? is it helical antenna?
if yes please suggest your ideas.... correct me if i am wrong...

Thanks for your time and advises in advance.....

that's a VERY broad bandwidth for a dipole. Not going to be easy
Is it for transmit and receive or just receive ?

Dave

u cant use the same antenna for tx & rx .. the feedback will destroy the rx circuit as it is not meant to receive level of signal the tx gives out... regarding designing the ae.. i need to go home and study AGAIN... sorry... try a ham radio forum... they would give expert help

bijus.... ?

no response from you yet

most dipoles would have a max bandwidth of ~ 10 - 20MHz for transmit.
it will receive over a very wide range with efficiency dropping off rapidly the further you move away from the freq that it was designed for

Dave

its true the bandwidth of conventional dipole is around 10% but with matching circuit its easy to obtain more bandwidth read RFID antenna papers and books the give u good view
i hope it helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back