Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

half clock delay in continuous time sigma delta ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

meghna

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am trying to search some papers on effect of half clock delay of comparator in sigma delta modulator. People model the effect of loop delay due to DAC pulse (say NRZ, RZ, HZ) but nobody tells that the comparator (quantizer or latch) in the loop will always give delay which should be taken into account always.

In other words, RZ pulse will be similar to HZ pulse when latch delay is included. It will cause some effect which can be compensated modifing the loop coefficient. But NRZ pulse will have its half clock shifted in next sampling phase which causes a third order term in loop gain (in case of second order modulator).

My question is 'how to model this term in s-domain'. In other words, I should be able to find this extra pole freqency in s domain.

Thanks & Regards
Meghna

check the attached paper on the effect of loop delay on phase margin. I hope you find it useful.

Thanks for your reply Fahmy & for the paper. This paper looks little difficult, I'll take time to fully understand it. Further, it talks more abt PLL; I am looking specifically for sigma delta ADC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back