Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H-Bridge inverter short-circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tynnor

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello :)
I am working on a 230V inverter from a 350-450V supply voltage. For now, I am only working with 30V while I am configuring the dsPIC and the hardware.
The dsPIC makes the right PWM. For now, I put a large 200ns dead time between the PWM signals. Unfortunately, I cannot explain the short-circuit from the power bus (The logic circuits have their own power supply). When I try an half-bridge alone, I don't have any problem, the gate and output signals are ok. But when I want to use the full bridge, the problem occurs. The problem disappears when I disconnect the LC filter. I don't have any load for now, except the output filter.
In these first tests, I have used the converter in an open loop configuration with 50% PWM duty cycle.

Do you have a clue to help me ?

Please find attached the schematic below. "Iout_bridge" outputs on a current sense resistor connected to ground.

inverter.png

Hi,

There is no series inductance (just a common mode choke) and there are capacitors at the ouput . For sure one can expect high current peaks with high dV/dt edges.

Do you really use 0603 capacitors and 1206 resistors as snubber for 450V DC? If so, then I expect the next problem...

Klaus

Thank you for your answer.
Shouldn't it work in the same way than a simple inductor ?

Do you really use 0603 capacitors and 1206 resistors as snubber for 450V DC? If so, then I expect the next problem...
I will check the snubber's design

Status
Not open for further replies.