Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H-Bridge diode and ESD diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmy1st

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!!

I have question for H-Bridge diode
This is H-Brige diode
h-bridge-configuration.690.595.s.png

When i design H-Bridge, i know H-Bridge need diode for below reason

fly3.jpg
" If the switch opens suddenly, then the current wants to go to zero quickly and dI/dt would be a large negative value. Since the motor is an inductor and V=LdI/dt, the voltage across the motor hass a large negative value. we could have voltage spikes. These voltage spikes can cause the switch to arc over and blow up.

The solution to this problem is to putwhat is known as a flyback diode in the reverse direction across the inductive load, so that the voltage spike will forward bias the diode, creating a return path for the current."

But I have ESD diode in chip at H-Bridge diode output pin , this ESD diode has same connection like flyback diode

So, i confuse What differet flyback diode, and ESD..

and I really need flyback diode parallel to ESD

Thanks.

Typically, unless the load inductance is high, the parasitic diode in a MOSFET can operate as the flyback diode in a H-bridge so you don't have to add separate diodes.

Note that ESD (Electro Static Discharge caused by static generation) is different from the inductive current spike caused by an inductor.

but I have high inductance(almost 140uH), high current(90mA)

then, It need separated diode??

and You say "ESD is difference from H-Bridge inductor current"

then another diode is required for flyback?

Status
Not open for further replies.