Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gunn diode properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey samuel

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any one post the simplifed form of the properties as a link and also tell more of the applications of gunn diode

I don't have a link to the properties, but one of the most common applications of the gunn diode is as an oscillator.
It used to be used in small microwave doppler units (e.g. burglar alarms), maybe it is still used for that application.
For that application, a detector diode is used to receive the reflected signal (and mix with a small portion of the
transmitted signal, to get a LF output that can be monitored).
The only time I experimented with it, was to stick it in a home-made waveguide, and have a short circuit behind it
and a hole in front (which behaves like an inductor - I'm no expert at these freqencies).

I'm sure it is still used as a microwave transmitter.
I found this link, which has some
practical info.

thank you all

can you explain the characteristic curve cause i have some doubts in its v i characteristics as well

Status
Not open for further replies.