Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guitar Pedal PCB Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

regnad

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I bought a guitart pedal kit and it came with this perf board and i would like to create a pcb instead. I am having loads of difficulties getting this done. I was hoping there was a magic piece of software that would take the schematic and create the pcb. I did find this on the interweb, can anyone verify that its the same as the schematic with the strip board?

Attachments

• Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz 2.png
    Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz 2.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 114
  • board_final_zpsd8fcc575.png
    board_final_zpsd8fcc575.png
    24 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

It would be much, much easier if you attach a real schematic. And larger pic of your layout.

Ya, like JohnJoe said it will be easier with a schematic and larger picture.

Also here's a tip that may help in the future. I've used PCB Artist by Advanced Circuits and if you create a schematic and move to layout you'll know immediately if it's the same or wrong. There's a design verification done between the schematic and layout. Much easier than looking at traces between to layouts.

Also here's a tip that may help in the future. I've used PCB Artist by Advanced Circuits and if you create a schematic and move to layout you'll know immediately if it's the same or wrong. There's a design verification done between the schematic and layout. Much easier than looking at traces between to layouts.

Almost all PCB Design software offer the feature "layout vs. schematic"

Sorry for the delay, I have been on Vacation. Heres the schematic. I really hope the pcb layout above is in line with schematic, I like its layout for the pots.

Attachments

• Musket Schematic.jpg
    Musket Schematic.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 84

One question: The layout software looks like "Eagle". Did you draw first the schematic and then the layout. In this case you should be able to check with some layout-vs.-schematic function. Btw, please post a large pic of your layout, it's too small to check.

:lol: you just scaled the pic up, now try to read the components names. Did you used a schematic for schematic-vs.-layout check? Honestly, most people are not willing to do the work which almost every pcb-cad program does.

Johnjoe, Yes I Just Scaled it up and I can also read Most of the Names.
If it were really of Interest to me, I could also duplicate that Board in Sprint Layout.

If it were really of Interest to me, I could also duplicate that Board in Sprint Layout.

So it's not any more of interest for you ?! I mean you asked for schematic-vs.-layout check of a quite large circuit by hand. It's very time consuming. Why you don't do it on your own, in my opinion it's not a technical question, just a laborious task. It would be something different if you would ask about special routing details of your circuit.

Ahhh, sorry my mistake, you are not the topic starter :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.