Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guide and simulation models for Protel DXP2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_tek7

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
defination of protel dxp

Any body knows any thing about ckt formats in protel dxp2004.what is this type of file?
I need some protel dxp good tutorial.Do you have any suggestion?

Re: protel dxp ckt

Protel DXP2004 is an Electronic Design Automation (EDA) software package for capturing schematics, laying out circuit boards, designing with FPGA, and simulating circuits. It is obsolete and has been replaced by Altium Designer 6. You can read about it at www.altium.com.

There isn't any separate tutorial for DXP2004. There is documentation available on the web that covers the various features of the software. You can access the documents free at: https://www.altium.com/Community/Support/LearningGuides/AltiumDesigner2004LearningGuides/

Which one is for analog simulating (i want to simulate a simple mixer circuit with 3 lm6134)?

Added after 2 minutes:

Which one is for analog simulating (I want to simulate a simple mixer circuit with 3 lm6134bin)?I read the tutorial about filter in altium but I didn't know any thing why we use ckt.would you help me?

DXP can use simulation models in either XSpice, or SPICE3f5. For a simple model, the definition must be saved with an "mdl" extension (e.g. MyBJT.mdl). For a more complex SPICE subcircuit, the definition must be saved with a "ckt" extension (e.g. MyOpAmp.ckt). See page 1-2 in "TR0113 Simulation Models and Analyses Reference.pdf" from the link in the previous message.

How to set up and run the simulation is discussed in "TU0106 Defining & running Circuit Simulation analyses.pdf" also available from the same link ( https://www.altium.com/community/support/learningguides/altiumdesigner2004learningguides/? ).

Where can I Found ckt for ne555d in protel dxp

Attached is a Spice model that should work for you.

Thanks House_Cat .But How Can I get for Other elements(741,lm6134....)

You should search using Google - there are many models available from other users and manufacturers on the web.

You should also learn how to write models for yourself if you intend to simulate your designs.

a_tek7

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Do you know a good tutorial on writing model?which language must I know?Thank you House_Cat for your help

You will need to write your models in XSpice or SPICE3f5 to use them with Altium software. The newer Alitium Designer also uses PSPICE.

Some references for SPICE3f5 and XSPICE include:

http://www.kxcad.net/Altium_Protel/SimModelsRef/

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

a_tek7

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor