Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM connect between Atmel and miniUSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronix_is

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
atmel gsm

I want to connecting ATmega8 with GSM phone via miniUSB. I alredy used GSM to transmit from Tx, Rx pins, but now almost GSM phones have miniUSB connector. My board with Atmel is host for GSM device. Give me advise.

gsm connect

It's not quite eassy.
The GSM terminal act like an USB slave device; so, as master you need a controller with USB Host.

The better ideea is to use a NXP ARM7 controller with USB host interface.

//a

connect cell phone to atmega

I want to connecting ATmega8 with GSM phone via miniUSB. I alredy used GSM to transmit from Tx, Rx pins

Most of GSM miniUSB Cable is a Serial-USB converter, you can directly get fbus Tx/Rx serial line from the phone connector.

May be I can give you more information if you mention what type of cell phone you use.

budhy, do you have more information about that. I don't find a cable from miniUSB to serial PC.

I mean the phones that use miniUSB connection still have Tx/Rx signal on their connector, so you can connect that phones to uC as usual manner without USB interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.