Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gsm based energy meter reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you want to write the value 0.0312 (value for 100 pulses) to the eeprom or do you want to write the pulse count like 100 to the eeprom and then if needed calculate meter reading from pulse count?
LCD code is not a problem. I provided a eeprom code link in my last post. It also contains LCD code. You can use any mcu, but 89s52 also doesn't have eeprom.

You can use this circuit.

Attachments

• schematic.jpg
    schematic.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

i want to write 0.0312 to eeprom. can you give ur email id so that i can send some codings to check.

Best way is first connect the device with PC using Serial PORT and try to give AT commands using Hyperterminal to know, how AT command works for device.

What is the purpose of writing 0.0312 to eeprom. Is it not easier to store 100 in eeprom and then calculate the meter reading before sending SMS?

Hi! this project is very simple. Which type of microcontroller are you using? Is it 8051 microcontroller or PIC Microcontroller? If you want to know more about the project, then you may check model no.180 or PIC114 in the official website of edgefx kits.

@rakesh sharma, i don't want to buy a fully made project from the market. i want to do it by myself

Yes, You need not buy the ready made project kit. I think they are giving an option "Do It Yourself" for the projects. That means they are providing the normal individual components of the project along with the videos and documentation about how to do the project individually. So, once check that website to get better idea. I hope this suggestion would be helpful for you.

@rakesh_sharma ,will they help in codings?

I think they will provide some sample code. It is better to ask them itself. If you want you can also add a keypad so that you can enter meter reading manually. (method will be good to use with meter which is already run and also if your mcu board stops working and you have to enter the meter reading after your mcu board is fixed and running)

sir i am doing the same project i am using at89s52 , i prepared the hardware but facing the problem in software section,
please help me out

@tpetar can you justify what you said "GSM bill maded by SMS usage will be lower then electricity" ? it will be good for my project.

- What is price of one SMS ? I think SMS is not free, someone will pay these SMSs.
- How many SMS this device make in one month cycle ?
- Monthly price for device usage (SMS/Month) x SMS price.
- What happen when jammer is turned On or there is no GSM network ? How will you pay and how much ? Before paying you should receive status of counter and based on that you will get bill, but how you will get bill when they cant read your counter status?

Plus on this, I didnt mention clonning possibility of SIM cards and IMEI number which can be used to send fake SMS with smaller counters.

Maybe its planned to send only one SMS on last day in month, but what will happen with GSM network and provider servers if receiving and relaying huge number of SMS? Should I say that some places have milions or more of counters.

Problem is in base of concept and its logical.

I must say, its my thinking, this project and concept dont have practical future, but its good for practice and getting skills in electronics.

Better read about newer digital counting devices with capabilities of reading and management over mains wires and mains voltage, and focus your time and energy on this.

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.