Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Grasp 9: Simple Tapered Pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zandman

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I'm trying to compare grasp and Feko but only have access to the student version of Grasp. I want to use the "Simple Tapered Pattern" as a feed in Grasp. But I can't find any information on this in the help file or anywhere else for that matter.

Firstly I need to know what the mathematical formula for the specified "simple tapered pattern" feed is? From speaking to a few people it appears to be k\theta^2 but nobody has been able to confirm this while others say that is the feed in dB. Meaning the real feed would be 10^((k\theta^2)/10), but both of those feeds are growing functions. This makes no sense in terms of aperture illumination, where one would desire that the edge of the reflector to be hardly tapered, otherwise massive edge scattering effect will render the antenna useless.

Any help clearing this up would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back