Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Graphical Lcd based projects..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am searching good utilization of graphical lcds in different projects. Please share your or if you know any. :D

is there a lighter lib than uc0s?

uc0s is too big and confusing,and we can not customize and understand it.

I need a code for widows widgets and windows objects ,does any have a source code on this?

Assuming that the main problem is not draw on LCD but something related to walking in menus , there is very preliminary menu handling code . i had to implement menu handling in one of my projects but it is not the first prio .
The code is very incomplete and not compiled withm lot of erros
Ignore statements with questionmark .

Idea is to design reconfigurable menu built during system startup with possiblity to add or remove menu items on fly . Menu functoinality is separated from LCD handling and other subsystems interrested in menu pressing . If any subsystem wishes to insert menu and monitor action (press) on it must subscribe new menu and own references in menu_PutMenu
menu_DelMenu is not compiicated but attention must be paid that user must not delete menu while there menu under focus is child of the parent menu being deleted . That will clear pointers and lead to malfucntion .
Incomplete functions are :
menu_DrawMenu , Record memory management , Keyboard input reading

The code is destined to use with Ucos .

Was not able to find project with widgets implementation in links above .

Regarding source i wil try to complete and upload working source code but do not know when .
I need some insight regarding menu - what kind of widgets is usable in embedded projects wioth characetr based LCD ? Currently there are 2 container and item , but may be additional will be usefull as well (let say popup, choice ..)

artem said:
Assuming that the main problem is not draw on LCD but something related to walking in menus .

hi Artem,
You have pointed my actuall problem very rightly, this is what I am facing right now. The code you have supplied is bit hard for me to understand and actually I am just looking for the idea how efficiently we can handle the problem. Font size limitation on small resulotion screen (typically 64x128) is another problem for me. I have written a code in basic but it becomes too tricky and bulky while just few of screen have been implemented so far and others few are left with the actuall task, but I have end with the PIC16f877 program memmory.
This is really disgusting... :evil: :evil: :evil:
How to comeup with these problem man... :(

Well , this one written on the fly may be will help you . Unfortunately i do not use basic , but it should not be so difficult to translate source to . There are no pointers and no menu autosubscription .
You should find a trick is how to use the ROM area to store constant menu data . References are done as index to menuBuffer array holding menu records .

Status
Not open for further replies.