Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[ARM] graphic lcd with lpc2368

Status
Not open for further replies.

joel george

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hiii..im a beginner to lcd programming...im doing a project which needs a graphic lcd ...could sumone suggest me resources and links to learn the basics of graphic lcd programming and its interfacing with ARM processors..lpc2368 especially...

Before learning Graphical LCD, you should know how to interface a normal character LCD, GLCD is just an advanced version with a capability of drawing graphics other than characters ..
Here is the link for interfacing GLCD with LPC2148:
**broken link removed**

actually i know to interface alpphanumeric LCD....i need help for graphical one...i mean few links..i searched a lot but am not gettg it....plss help

[Moved]Lpc2368 and glcd interfacing tutorials

Hiii
im a beginner to glcd...im working wid 320x240 glcd and lpc2368....i searched a lot many threads for the qame subject bt i didnt get proper libraries for glcd..cud sumone help me wid it...

also is der any links that helps me wid learning the libraries..the functions dat r used..programming glcd tutorials..im nt gettg enuf material on it..

Hello!

I have written a couple of GLCD drivers, and my advice would be: don't use a lib, make your own lib.
Indeed there are many libraries for free on the net. However, you will end up with ugly rectangular buttons
with 4 levels of gray.
Basically the most difficult part in writing a driver is to initialise it properly. Once done, and once you wrote
your first pixel, it's just a matter of properly using DMA to increase the throughput.
Once you know how to draw, make a bitmap object, subclass it to a bitmap containing a string and you're
basically done for any kind of button. The good thing is that it will be your code, nothing to pay to anybody.
Be careful with libraries that may be for free for experimentation, but requiring royalties for products.

Dora.

Hello!

I have written a couple of GLCD drivers, and my advice would be: don't use a lib, make your own lib.
Indeed there are many libraries for free on the net. However, you will end up with ugly rectangular buttons
with 4 levels of gray.
Basically the most difficult part in writing a driver is to initialise it properly. Once done, and once you wrote
your first pixel, it's just a matter of properly using DMA to increase the throughput.
Once you know how to draw, make a bitmap object, subclass it to a bitmap containing a string and you're
basically done for any kind of button. The good thing is that it will be your code, nothing to pay to anybody.
Be careful with libraries that may be for free for experimentation, but requiring royalties for products.

Dora.

i want to write it myself.....but is der any resource u cud help me wid to learn all these...to write the libraries??

i want to write it myself.....but is der any resource u cud help me wid to learn all these...to write the libraries??

im facing difficulties while interfacing glcd128x64 wid lpc2148...cud sumone post here the schematic diagram of this circuit?what shud be the value of pull up resistor dat i need to use??

Status
Not open for further replies.