Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Graphic LCD interfacing with Pic controller ( Any Pins )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjadkhan

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In mikroC example we connect GLCD to any port by defining this statement

Code C++ - [expand]
char GLCD_DataPort at PORTD;

This dedicates all pins of the port and not allowing you to use specific pin of the port.

For example i am using PIC 16f887A (28 DIP Package ). I cant use portB as i need the interrupt pin and i cant use portC as i need PWM pin. Other ports are incomplete and i dont want to use bigger controller.

Is there some way around it like if i can set individual bits using "sbit".

This dedicates all pins of the port and not allowing you to use specific pin of the port.
That's because the GLCD driver uses a 8-bit data port. Using arbitrary port bits for it would cause a considerable code overhead and slow down GLCD accesses by a factor of 20 to 50.

But you can still write your own GLCD driver that uses arbitrary bits or e.g. two nibbles of different ports for data.

Status
Not open for further replies.