Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[GPIO] What is the purpose of GPIO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maulin sheth

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I want to know about GPIO. What is the purpose of GPIO?
In single chip all pins are GPIO or not?
If not thn why? which pins should be considered as GPIO?

Pl provide me good article if any one have.

Thanks & Regards,
Maulin Sheth

GPIO means generic/general purpose/pins input/output, which means, these pins are directly controllable via mapped address registers, the direction, value (when output mode), some other you could control the drive strength, the pull values (down or up), through low pass filter or not....
The gpio inputs could be used to through interrupt lines (on value, specific edge...).

GPIO means generic/general purpose/pins input/output, which means, these pins are directly controllable via mapped address registers, the direction, value (when output mode), some other you could control the drive strength, the pull values (down or up), through low pass filter or not....
The gpio inputs could be used to through interrupt lines (on value, specific edge...).

Thanks rca.
Can you give me more depth understanding. or pl provide if any material or article you have..

That the simpliest port possible, I mean thee nothing else to said.
You have the instance pas and you connect each core pins to a mapped addresse register, them the processor could fully controlled the pad, that a basic gpio.
You could connect the input to an interrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back