Not open for further replies.

josipb

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
GPIB interface

Hi! I want to design a measurement device, which can comunicate with PC via GPIB interface.
Where can I find material and tutorials about this communication standrad?
Which microcontroller and/or chip can I use for this communication?

Re: GPIB interface

Hi! I want to design a measurement device, which can comunicate with PC via GPIB interface. Where can I find material and tutorials about this communication standrad?
Which microcontroller and/or chip can I use for this communication?

hey,, hi,
first of all, your computer need a communication device like a PCI card, or something like that, and also your measurement device.
for gpib interface, you need the manual of the instrument. in this manual you can find information about the programming guide. its all you need. ohh by the way, you also need the labview, i recommend the 7.1, its more easy.

GPIB interface

Hi,
There are two type of GPIB Interface available. One is Controller Card (Master) for PC and Device Card (Slave) for Measurement Device. Controller card you need to get from NI/Agilent or others. NI and Agilent are providing good software support for controller card. To design a device card, there are IEEE specs (IEEE 488.2) available. Also some circuits with Atmel Controller are available to convert Serial/USB to GPIB.

--

Reactions: Vipz

Vipz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.