Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good simulation tool for power electronic circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

aumkota27

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all,

I am budding PE engineer. please help out in suggesting a good simulation tool for power electronic circuits where i can integrate power and controls circuits happily.

thanks
Om

Re: good simulation tool

Hello Om,

LTSPICE is frequently used (as it is free). Beige Bag SPICE A/D is also a good affordable simulator (I use it myself) and they offer 30 day full features trail.

All today's spice simulators have functional blocks available (multipler, summer, integrator, differentiator, gain block, hysteresis block, non-linear block, etc). When you add these to your electronic circuits, you can create whatever you want (also your power integrals). As long as you can get your problem into equations, you can put them into spice. I even did kite stability, ballistics and thermodynamic problems in the Beige Bag Spice package.

A lot of components manufacturers give device models in SPICE format.

+++

Hey thanks everyone for giving me an apt solution. Do anyone knows about MULTISIM. I heard this from one of my friends.

How is this useful for power electronics.

thanks
om

hello,

the best simulator for you is the one that contains the .models for the pwm control ic's that you use.............if it doesnt have these , then it is not much use to you.

you cannot make your own pwm control ic .models, unless you are severely exellent

Status
Not open for further replies.