Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good beginner book on EM theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adun

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I am currently researching on transmission line filter design.
However, I feel quite confused when people talking about TE, TM010 modes, dispersion, skin current, even, odd mode etc.

I guess that's due my lack of knowledge in EM theory.

So could you please recommend me some good books on this topic? Preferrably related to electrical engineering.

I have been trying to read the first few chapters of Pozars 'microwave engineering' about EM theory. But I found it quite shallow. Many fundamental concepts are not explained well, if not at all, i.e., what is the nature of flux density etc.

by the way, my background is integrated circuit design as my major.

Thank you very much

Adun said:
However, I feel quite confused when people talking about TE, TM010 modes, dispersion, skin current, even, odd mode etc.

So could you please recommend me some good books on this topic? Preferrably related to electrical engineering.

I have been trying to read the first few chapters of Pozars 'microwave engineering' about EM theory. But I found it quite shallow. Many fundamental concepts are not explained well, if not at all, i.e., what is the nature of flux density etc.

Thank you very much

Hi

Electromagnetics by Sadikku is the best book.

Regards,

jiveshgovil said:
Adun said:

Thank you very much

Hi

Electromagnetics by Sadikku is the best book.

Regards,

Hi jiveshgovil,

Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately my school's library doesnt have this book...
so do you happen to have the E-book?
or maybe you could recommend me the 2nd best book please? :p

Thanks and regards,
Adun

D.M. Pozar's "Microwave Engineering" is very good!

Adun said:
However, I feel quite confused when people talking about TE, TM010 modes, dispersion, skin current, even, odd mode etc....
Look at the next shortcut:
https://www.ece.rutgers.edu/~orfanidi/ewa/
It's a good source for every young engineer.

hi

sadeko text is available fromthe eda books forum

just search for it .

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back