Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

".global" statement in Spectre

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossroad

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
when i simulate a ckt in Spectre, a model library for standard cells is included.
In the model library, ".global VSS VDD" is only in the first line.
After simulated, a error message says that there can be at most one global statement.
I have checked the model library and there is actually only one global statement.

Please someone tell me how to fix this, thx

What model library you included? Can you show me clearly?
As I know the model library would not write that.

The model library is for standard cells like logic gates.
It defines what the cells consist of and the global statement is for the supply voltage.

Could you show me your design procedure form the schematic to simulation.
Cause, if you using the spectre for simulation, you don't need to see the staements. Unless you want using Hspice for simulation. If you using Hspice you need the netlist file, then you should be care the .global statement.

There may be two ".include" in your netlist. One is in the model library as you said. The other is in the netlist that includes the model library.

Most of the time the globals are named as vdd! and gnd! Those are always used in the libraries. In that case you are claiming another globals VSS and VDD.

Try to replace the VDD and VSS pins by vdd!/gnd! (or actually by vdd/gnd sumbols from analogLib)
I bet it will work then.

I encountered similar problems before.... check your include files if there are other .global statements inside and try to remove them.

Status
Not open for further replies.