qwerty_asdf

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have this:
Code:
constant offset_A: std_logic_vector(address_length+1 downto 0) :="01"&(others=>'0');
constant offset_B: std_logic_vector(address_length+1 downto 0) := "10"&(others=>'0');
but of course is not acceptable by compiler.

Can you suggest me an alternative way?

address_length is a generic so it can be used if you wish. What I want is obvious, give a value to the first 2 bits and the rest of them be '0'.

The error I get is:
Code:
 OTHERS aggregate cannot be operand of operator with unconstrained array formal.

constant offset_A : std_logic_vector(address_length+1 downto 0) := (address_length+1 downto address_length => "01", others => '0' );

constant offset_A : std_logic_vector(address_length+1 downto 0) := (address_length+1 downto address_length => "01", others => '0' );
I get this error:
Code:
Error: C:/Modeltech_pe_edu_10.1a/examples/landmark_1.vhd(97): String literal found where non-array type ieee.std_logic_1164.STD_LOGIC was expected.
** Warning: C:/Modeltech_pe_edu_10.1a/examples/landmark_1.vhd(97): (vcom-1073) Non-locally static choice (association #1, choice #1) is allowed only if it is the only choice of the only association.

try this:

constant offset_A : std_logic_vector(address_length+1 downto 0) := (address_length => '1', others => '0' );

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…