Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting transient current waveform from measured voltage and impedance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allanvv

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm working on a high power multi-phase DC/DC converter where the load current has some fast transients. We can easily measure the output voltage in the time domain, and also measure the power distribution network impedance in the frequency domain.

Would it be reasonable to say that I would be able to accurately determine the load current transient waveform from basically just using I = V/R?

So, I think I would try converting the time-domain output voltage to frequency-domain, and then do I = V/R. Then convert this back into time-domain and this should be the current waveform?

Or can anyone suggest any other methods to measure the current using another method? This is possibly in the 0-100A range going through tons of BGA balls so I don't think I can measure it directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.