Not open for further replies.

MD_SHAHRUKH

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
My sincere apologies to the moderators, I do not know which section fit my question.

So, I am starting to develop an embedded HMI for my welding machine, for the purpose I have selected a 7" TFT LCD touch display. Where I want to give a display output for the application. To be more beautiful display I was thinking to develop it using raspberry Pi, but got to know that it is not good for Real-time applications like I will not be able to add my company logo in the beginning, running the application directly after opening. etc.

I wanted to know the software development procedures, and the hardware selection procedure for this application.

Thank you

You can use separate MCU for real-time application, and communicate between raspberry Pi and this additional MCU board using serial port.
This may interest you: https://www.touchgfx.com/

MD_SHAHRUKH

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
got to know that it is not good for Real-time applications like I will not be able to add my company logo in the beginning, running the application directly after opening. etc.
There are effectively no limits for customizing a Linux system. It's a matter of mastering the OS.

MD_SHAHRUKH

Thank you so much for the link you have provided.

I want to add a few things here that when I'll start the purchase, what are the things I have to keep in mind.
Let me give you an example, I want my display to be 7 Inches, I have decided to code in C++ programming. I also want to select a microcontroller too. So, what are the key thing I have to be ready for?

Thank you so much for your reply.

Hi,

Your example:
Microcontroller and display need to match somehow. Interface, protocol, timing, voltage levels, memory space, pincout, ...

Klaus

MD_SHAHRUKH

It is difficult to recommend.
For commercial product:
1. easy to buy in your place, low price, not out of stock in near future (EOL product)
2. no glitches of touch screen

For hobby product:
1. easy to buy, price
2. maybe buy something powerful to learn more things, raspberry pi makes more sense.

MD_SHAHRUKH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…