Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Getting started with HMI development

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD_SHAHRUKH

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
My sincere apologies to the moderators, I do not know which section fit my question.

So, I am starting to develop an embedded HMI for my welding machine, for the purpose I have selected a 7" TFT LCD touch display. Where I want to give a display output for the application. To be more beautiful display I was thinking to develop it using raspberry Pi, but got to know that it is not good for Real-time applications like I will not be able to add my company logo in the beginning, running the application directly after opening. etc.

I wanted to know the software development procedures, and the hardware selection procedure for this application.

Thank you

You can use separate MCU for real-time application, and communicate between raspberry Pi and this additional MCU board using serial port.
This may interest you: https://www.touchgfx.com/

MD_SHAHRUKH

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
got to know that it is not good for Real-time applications like I will not be able to add my company logo in the beginning, running the application directly after opening. etc.
There are effectively no limits for customizing a Linux system. It's a matter of mastering the OS.

MD_SHAHRUKH

Thank you so much for the link you have provided.

I want to add a few things here that when I'll start the purchase, what are the things I have to keep in mind.
Let me give you an example, I want my display to be 7 Inches, I have decided to code in C++ programming. I also want to select a microcontroller too. So, what are the key thing I have to be ready for?

Thank you so much for your reply.

Hi,

Your example:
Microcontroller and display need to match somehow. Interface, protocol, timing, voltage levels, memory space, pincout, ...

Klaus

MD_SHAHRUKH

It is difficult to recommend.
For commercial product:
1. easy to buy in your place, low price, not out of stock in near future (EOL product)
2. no glitches of touch screen

For hobby product:
1. easy to buy, price
2. maybe buy something powerful to learn more things, raspberry pi makes more sense.

MD_SHAHRUKH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back