Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting started with ARM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

perra2k3

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
I have been programming AVR under 3-4 years, and now I would like to learn how to program and use DSPs. I looked at the AT91-family from Atmel and thought that it seems to be quite a nice processor, so I ordered an AT91R40008.
I have read Atmels document about AT91R40008 but I still dont understand the bootup. An AVR processor loads the instruction and data direct from Flash-memory, but what I understand DSP's loads the code from flash(or other memory) to the internal SRAM and then execute it from there. If I connect a Flash-memory with valid code to the AT9140008's EBI-bus, will it after reset load this in to the SRAM "automatic" and then run the code direct? How does the processor know how much it should load from the flash and how fast it can load it (because the flash is not as fast as the processor)?

I want to get away with this as cheap as possible, why I will use GCC as compiler (if I only can get it to work) and I will try make my own developmentboard... Is there maybe some easy guide on how to setup GCC for ARM and schematics on homebuilt developmentboards, dont need to be advanced at all?

Any help is appreciated, links, tips, software, etc.

Thanks!

If you want to learn general things about DSP try this

h**t://www.dspguide.com

Look this:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Thanks, good links!
I think I am starting to understand the boot-process and I even think that GCC works as it should now, except that I haven't understand how to include the AT91 librarys from Atmel with it, but I'll keep on trying and reading. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back