Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Getting high Vce in ULN2803

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murugesh_89

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have switched some loads previously using a single npn transistor in saturation region. At those time the value i got Vce as 0.1 - 0.2 V.

But now i am using ULN 2803 for switching and i tried with some 10k, 22K, 47K resistors between supply and output(collector). I am just giving 12V at the input of base. But i am getting the Vce as 0.6V for the three different value of resistors. Why is it so?

Is there any way to make Vce as 0.1 - 0.2 V.

Thanks,
Murugesh

ULN2803 is a darlington driver. It can't achieve 0.1 to 0.2 V saturation voltage.

Because you have the Vce of the first transistor in series with the Vbe of the second transistor...

At full load (500mA), the total voltage drop could be as high as 1.6V (per the Texas Instruments datasheet), although on average would be around 1.2V

Status
Not open for further replies.