Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting GPRS data from a GPRS modem to a Java software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADGAN

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I'm want to develop a software which gets data periodically(daily) from a GPRS modem and saving it to a database(MySQL database) which is installed in the PC. I would like to know a method to implement this. My lecturer suggest me to use a cloud database. So first data is send from the GPRS to the Cloud database and then the software which I'm developing get these data and save it to a local database and then using these data for further use. Is there any other method to do implement this?

Thanks in advance.

Where the GPRS modem is connected and what datas are collected?? Pls explain it in detail..

GPRS modem is not directly connected to the database. This is for a electricity billing system which I made. This will send the number of units daily to the service providers computer via the mobile network. There is a circuit to measure electricity consumption. It is connected to a GPRS modem. I want to get this data and save it in a MySQL database installed in the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.