Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Get a DS89C450 running...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is..
but I'm crazy :)))
see this
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

This will Hopefuly solve all ds89c420 /30/40/50 serial baud rate problems. I made this program which calculates all possible baud rates and errors so you can select the best available.

I' ve built the programmer for ds89c430 , found on maxim's site (appnote **broken link removed** )
. My pcb layout is at:
**broken link removed** . BUT DOES NOT work . Can somebody tell me where I can find a simle programmer? i tried to open the website: **broken link removed** but would'nt open.
GlenJoy do you can help me?

Here are the pictures of my DS89C420 programmer.

PS.

Mods,

If I violated any rule/s by posting these pictures, please PM so I can edit or delete my post.

Thank you.

Here are the pictures:

Hello,

This schema work to DS89C450?

Thanks

I've got a DS89C450 in TQFP package. It is able to enter bootloader and I flash my program in it. I just want to make a LED blink in Port 1. This is my program:

#include <ds89c4xx.h>

unsigned int x;

void delay(){
unsigned c;
for (c=0; c<65000; c++);
}

void main(){
while(1){
for (x=0; x<20000; x++){
P1=0x00 ;
delay();
P1=0xFF;
delay();
}
}
}

The problem is, the LED doesn't blink at all. At this time, EA=0 V, RST=0 V; PSEN=2.5 V. I thought it was because EA=0. I've already pulled up EA with 1k resistor, but it still doesn't work. Anyone know about this ?

i think your delay time it short you must use to for(...1000..){for(..1000...) }bla bla like this... because ds89cxxx so fast , vicious 1000000 = 1000 X 1000 .

Dear all
I want DS89c450 to run on 1 clock cycle .I am using CRYSTAL of 22MHz.FOllowing is the code which i use in the start of main().I follow following routine given in datasheet.

1) Ensure that the current clock mode is set to divide-by-1 (CD1:0 = 10b) and that RGMD (EXIF.2) = 0.
2) Clear the CTM bit.
3) Put the 4X/2X bit in the desired state.
4) Set the CTM bit.
5) Poll for the CKRY (EXIF.3) bit to be set (= 1). This takes ~65536 external clock cycles.
6) Set CD1:0 = 00b. The frequency multiplier is engaged on the memory cycle following the writing of these bits.

Without inserting this routine my serial and timer are working but when i insert code it does not work Folling is the hardware initilisation routine where i insert code for 1 clock cycle-

void interrupt_set()
{
// Routine to set frequency 1 clock cycle
EXIF = 0x00;
PMR &= 0xEF;
PMR |= 0x08;
PMR |= 0x10;
while(!(EXIF&0x08));
PMR = 0x1D;
EXIF = 0x00;
//routine ends here
/* these is intialization of timers */
TMOD = 0x21; // 21`serial interrupt & timer 0
SCON0 = 0x50;
TH1 = -6;

TH0 = 0xf3;
TL0 = 0xcc;

EWDI = 0; //disable watchdog timer
mory and on chip sram
IP1 = 0x40; /*IP1 and IP0 is configured for serial priorty 3 and timer0 priorty 2 */
IP0 = 0x02;
/* intialization of interrupt */
EA = 1; // globle interrupt enable
ET0 = 1; // timer 0 interrupt
ES0 = 1; // enable the serial interrupt
/* intialization of priority */
PS = 1; // serial communication highest proirty
TR1 = 1;
TR0 = 1;

}

when I insert routine my serial does not work any idea?

it works through USB.[/img]

Hello,
Anyone please tell me how to program and run the DS89C450 without the use of a 74HC125. Because I only got the MAX233 chips and DS89C450.

You can use mechanical switch on the place of HC125, so every time when you wont to switch program/run mode, do it manual.

Thank you Josiphal.
Finally i found this schematic from book, but it doesnt work at all.
Can anyone please tell me what the problem on this circuit?

I am also finding anser of above quetion(?).....
I have diagram in book..

Hi, what is the most basic schematic for running code?? i am able to run the bootloader and load code onto the chip but i cannot get the code to run, not even a simple blinking led!!

Cheers,
Si

(The code i'm trying to get working, using 22.1184Mhz Crystal)
Code:
#include <DS89C4xx.h>

sbit led = P2^0;

void delay(void)
{
      unsigned int i, j;

for(i=0; i<1000; i++)
      {
            for(j=0; j<1000; j++);
      }
}

void main(void)
{
      while(1)
      {
            led=0;  
            delay();  
            led=1;  
            delay();
      }
}

**broken link removed**download this DS89C450 programmer circuit..it'll answer every questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back