Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gerber file generate proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

yassin.kraouch

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, how can i generate gerber file in proteus? when i generate it i have a .txt format, please help

The thread is not related to "Electronic Elementary Questions", thread moved to "PCB Routing & Schematic Layout software & Simulation". Select the correct category before posting [alexan_e]

I assume you mean ARES right?

From the menu go to output -> Gerber/Excellon output , it will ask you to do a pre-production check , if everything is OK then go to the next screen select the options you want and press ok to generate the files.
You can also do the pre-production check from the output -> pre-production check menu to verify it is ok instead of using Gerber/Excellon output each time

Alex

Reactions: xiaxen

xiaxen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
but when i generate the file i obtain a .txt file, but i think that i should obtain a .gbr file no ?

Reactions: xiaxen

xiaxen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You don't get one file, you get many and they are gerber files they just use a txt extension (you can also use the option to zip the file in a package).
Each program uses its own extensions and also some manufacturers define the extensions they want for each file, you can just rename the extension, the content is correct.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back