Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

genetic algorithm (initial population)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nur hayati

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

i'm new in matlab and GA.
i have a problem regarding the early stage of GA process. i have a little bit confusing in initializing randomly initial population. i have my own data set. then, why i have to initialize the initial population with random number? please help me. Thank you in advance.

to initiate the process you have to initialize the random numbers which is a initial guess to algo

i have my own data. so, i set the data as the initial population. then, how about the random numbers?

[what do you really mean by " i have my own set of data"?

[what do you really mean by " i have my own set of data"?

i'm sorry if i'm wrong. what i mean is i have a set of data that contain 100 individuals. so, if i set my data as the initial population, do i need to initialize the initial population with random number? or, i can just proceed the initial population with my own data to the next step without generate random initial population? i hope you understand.

you can set your data as initial population.

it all depends upon your problem , whether you are able to converge to optimal solution quickly or not . and whether your initial data is near to or far from the solution.

you can set your data as initial population.

it all depends upon your problem , whether you are able to converge to optimal solution quickly or not . and whether your initial data is near to or far from the solution.

ok. thanks a lot. so, now, i can proceed to selection process. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back