Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generation of 500ns pulse directly from 8051.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yashrolyan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need help to generate a 500ns, 50% duty cycle squre wave directly from microcontroller 8051/8052/8055wd.

is it possible? if yes how?

Thanx in advance.

-Yash

in 8051 if a 12MHz crystal is used on inst is 1us long

so even if ur prgrm is a single inst it will take 1us

so i think 500ns is not possible unless u use a MC with a different crystal.

Also a 11.0592MHZ will not help.:idea::idea::idea:

it is right but many controller can generate time period much more then it instru time like in intel 8049 core (previous core then 8051)....

is it also possible in 8051?????

try micro that runs at higher speed. There are 8051 core micro's like AT89LP213 (single cycle core).

Nandhu

If you use a 24MHz crystal, instruction time is 500ns.
So may be something like this should work for single pulse
SETB P1.0
CLR P1.0

but for continuous pulses, the frequency will reduce and duty cycle will not be 50% because of SJMP instruction.
LOOP:
SETB P1.0
CLR P1.0
SJMP LOOP

As recommended by others, use a higher speed microcontroller.

nandhu015 said:
try micro that runs at higher speed. There are 8051 core micro's like AT89LP213 (single cycle core).

Nandhu

Nandhu:
Do you know where to purchase any AT89LP213? I can't seem to find any anywhere in the world! The only way to order them is large amounts and lead times are usually 6 - 8 weeks.

I suggest to make it with some AVR 16 Mhz - ~16Milion instr per sec you need only 2Mhz real Freq :) if you choose AVR i will give you a code !

regards from Bulgaria

Atmels 89L4502 offers PWM mode on timers, running at clock speed.

ctownsend said:
nandhu015 said:

Nandhu

Nandhu:
Do you know where to purchase any AT89LP213? I can't seem to find any anywhere in the world! The only way to order them is large amounts and lead times are usually 6 - 8 weeks.

Sorry i dont know. Most of the chips i look at the web is not available in my location. I have to import here. I thought it might be available in other places.

Have you tried ebay

Nandhu

nandhu015 said:
Have you tried ebayNandhu
yes, nothing. Can't find them anywhere. I managed to find some AT89LP216, however they are more expensive when compared to avr.

the AVR choise is better chip prize great oportunities. The code for pwm is simple , or if you don't needt phase correct pwm /Clear on Compare/ is other good variant

timer count from bottom to top , when counter equal to compare value the pin can togle. On top the too and update timer . This is only CTC mode of timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back