Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generate PWM and control it with numbers between 0 and 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Claudiu

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hy to all, i have installed Proteus Isis and Mikro C pro
And i want to draw a scheme of a Microcontroller PIC which has serial port and PWM hardare and to satisfy the needs:
1) The circuit to be powered from 220V AC without transformer
2) To generate a pwm signal (Set in PWM hardware mode)
3)When we introduce a number in the serial port ( from 0 to 9) to set the PWM at a proportional value between the introduced number and the maximum value which the microcontroler accepts it
4) After setting the PWM value, to display on it`s serial port the value setted.

THe microcontroler runs conected to a crystal of 20Mhz ( if it hasn`t internal oscilator)
The serial port which is using is the hardware one and it`s baudrate must be 11520 (8N1)

Please Help me with some advices.
i`m stuck at point 3)
Thanx

Last edited:

Actually you're stuck at point one. How do you plan to isolate it from mains voltage without a transformer?

Actually you're stuck at point one. How do you plan to isolate it from mains voltage without a transformer?

You`re right, thanx, i think i will use a diode bridge.
What do i need more to make the schematic ?

A normal supply would have a transformer, bridge rectifier and resevoir capacitor, followed by a voltage regulator circuit. The values depend on what voltage and current you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back