Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generate LEF files with Abstract!

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithma

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I use Abstract to genetate the LEF files from a layout. when I read the technology file, there are a lot of errors and warnings, as follow:

ERROR (ABS-216): There are insufficient metal layers defined in the current design. You must define at least two metal layers in the prRoutingLayers class of the technology file.3F

WARNING (ABS-252): Cannot create layer-purpose pair (CT, net) in the technology file. Check that you have permission to write to the technology file.

(ABS-254): Cannot save technology file. Check that you have permission to write to the technology file.
(ABS-256): Layer CT has either not been defined in the viaLayers section of the technology file or the layer function has not been identified as "cut" in the layerFunctions section.

WARNING (ABS-252): Cannot create layer-purpose pair (V1, net) in the technology file. Check that you have permission to write to the technology file.

There are a lot of such errors. The Technology file is the same as I layout.
Can someone tell me the what is wrong with it ?

Thanks!

The Cadence Abstract tool requires more information in the techfile than the layout tools.

can somebody know this problem?
I also...

3KS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back