Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

General electronic troubleshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clarification Barry. Yea, Good to point out!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

In light of the fact there are no fuses on this machine. Shouldn't the brush breaker have tripped when the short occurred?

My apologies, I should have said in my post.

It does seem odd that there aren't any other fuses shown in the schematic. And the breakers only seem to protect the motors. On the speed control board did you notice if there are any compartment covers where fuses might be hid. Sometimes there might be fuses in the wiring itself. But you would think they would be shown in schematic.

Last edited:

To date I've not seen any fuses. And none mentioned in the owner/user manual. There doesn't seem to be any service manual avail. for this machine. The closest authorized service tech. is 200 miles. Is it probable I've damaged the switch? It got pretty hot when it shorted. I will check the breakers Monday.

I've had to work out of town on a different campus re-model project for the past few days. Finally got a chance to test the re-sets. here are the results. Notice the button position on the switches. 20180801_124550.jpgvacume motor.jpgbrush motor.jpgbrush motor (2).jpgbrush motor3.jpg

Last edited:

Would these be readings I would expect to see if the re-sets were good? If so where would I begin to look for the problem of the brush motor (now) not working? If not, can I jump the connectors to test?

Status
Not open for further replies.