Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GC-preveue & Gerbtool doubts abt panelization

Status
Not open for further replies.

san2004

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Frnds,
I am currently trying panelization with GC-Preveue software I have done multiple copies of each layers, assigning size bed etc. Only things remaining are how to add fiducials for complete panel, lines & text for v-grooving ?
I am trying with help file but all in vain. Pls help me guys to find the solution...its very urgent !!
I have even started with Orcad's GERBTOOL where we can add TEXT & Lines but here when i select panelization it shows error " Memory allocation failure" & system hangs.Pls help ...
Thanks in advance,
Byee..

None of the editing functions is available with free GC-Prevue, also no other output than assembled *.gwk designs. See the product matrix at www.graphicode.com. V-groove or milling and other patterns could be drawn in layout program and imported as gerber files.

Less restricted free cam tools may exist. I'm using licensed GC-PrevuePlus and appreciate it's comfort.

Create the fiducials etc in your pcb program as an individual item and gerber it then import it into gc-prevue.

As long as you create all the corner markers, lines etc as a gerber, you can import them, move and copy them as I described.

You have checked that your supplier can use a GWK file have you?
Otherwise you are wasting your time and will need someone with the ability to make Gerbers from a GWK file.

And why do you feel the need for 3 threads about the same thing? It would be better to simply continue the questions in your original thread.

Thanks both of you for your replies !!
Cyberrat next tm onwards i will take care to continue with the same thread !!

Can I suggest another free option for viewing Gerber Files before sending them off to PCB manufacturing (it often makes sense to compare how two different viewers render the gerbers, because the standard is a little lax)? The site www.circuitpeople.com is free to use, no registration required (but if you do register you can store gerbers on the server and share links with manufacturers, coworkers, etc.):

https://www.circuitpeople.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back