Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GaussianBeam for TFST technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmalc

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I found that if the FWHM width of the Gaussian beam was less than the wavelength of the light wave, the TFSF caused great reflection.

can anyone explain that for me?

Please talk precise!
what do TFSF and FWHM stand for?

TFSF: total field/scattered field
FWHM: full wide half maxim indicates the wide of Gaussian beam.

Need to specify more exactly what "reflection" is of interest.

Possible explanations:
1. there are different definitions for the Gaussian Beam. Commercial softwares seldom give the details of their implementation. Therefore the "reflection" might not be the same as you expect.

2. As the beam width goes smaller, more "reactive" energy is carried by the beam, causing more ambiguity in the "reflected" and "transmitted" power.

whatever the definition of Gaussian Beam is, What I only concern is only at the interface of scattered field and total field.

in fact, I want to whether there is a limit to use Gaussian beam in TFSF interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back