Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gain bandwidth Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavithran

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

The above circuit is a Low Pass Filter .
BANDWIDTH is 414 KHz .
Both are UNITY GAIN amplifiers .
Could you please tell what is the GB(Gain Bandwidth Product) of the above circuit . ? ?

Thank you in advance

Since this isn't the topology of a low-pass filter I think you are referring to the internal poles of the op-amps. So, as far as I have understood, the question should be: if GBP is known for the op-amps how about the circuit ?
is it correct ?

The above circuit is a Low Pass Filter .
BANDWIDTH is 414 KHz .
Both are UNITY GAIN amplifiers .
Could you please tell what is the GB(Gain Bandwidth Product) of the above circuit . ? ?
Thank you in advance

Your question is not clear to me.
At first - you have no "unity gain amplifiers". Perhaps you mean "unity gain compensated"?
Secondly, the gain-bandwidth product is a parameter which characterizes an amplifier with a first-order gain function (20dB/dec drop).
Your circuit resembles a second order lowpass - determined by the opamp poles.
What do you want - the 0 dB crossing frequency of the complete lowpass? Or the GBW of each opamp unit?

May be it's just an excercise problem:
Assume the OPs have a first order transfer function. The bandwidth (-3 dB?) of the shown circuit is measured as 414 kHz. What is the GBW of the OPs?

Solution: Calculate the circuit's exact transfer function.

The confusing point is, that TL082 GBW can be read in a datasheet. So a measurement and calculation doesn't but determine the deviation beween specified and actual GBW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back