Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Function Cross reference Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew290683

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need some suggestion or thoughts how to automate a process. Assume that there are 10 .c and .h files in a small project and there are ~40 functions. If I make a search with the variable name or the macro name in all the files, then can I print the corresponding functions where it is used?

The requirement is similar to the cross-reference which is supported by tools. I would prefer to use VB, so can someone help me what will be logic for implementing this....

#include <stdio.h>
int getint(void); /*It prompts user to enter an integer, which it returns*/
int getmax(int a, int b, int c); /*It returns value of largest of a, b, c*/
#define TEMP 20
int k1, k2;

int main (void) {
int x, y, z;
x = getint();
y = getint();
z = getint();
k1 = TEMP + z;
printf("The largest of %d, %d, and %d is %d\n", x, y, z, getmax(x,y,z));
}

int getint(void) {
int a;
printf("Please enter an integer > ");
scanf("%d", &a);
return(a);
}

int getmax(int a, int b, int c){
int m = a;

if (m<b)
m = b;
if (m<c)
m = c;
return(m);
}
Assume that the macro TEMP is used in other files also. The program should parse through all of the .c and .h files and find the usage of the macro and provide me a report like

TEMP Declared as: (20)
*Define [atod_accuracy_fault.h, 85] atod_accuracy_fault.h
*Use [atod_accuracy_fault.c, 136] atod_accuracy_fault_rootState_dispatchEvent

Note that the data that is mentioned in the cross reference is a sample. Not specific to the pgm mentioned as example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back