Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Full Bridge transformer winding document is OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,
Do you think this 1.7kW, 40kHz Full Bridge SMPS transformer specification document (for manufacture) is OK?

I mean, they will have to Twist two strands of 1.2mm diameter TEX-ELZ wire together to wind the primary…and is it possible to terminate this easily to the pins?

Also, the peak to peak B is 0.4 Teslas, the peak B is obviously half this.

Attachments

• Full Bridge transformer _PM6249 Core.doc
    97.5 KB · Views: 61

1. The relevant question is if your transformer manufacturer understands the specification and can make it. You should ask him.

2. Twisting litz wire strands is inconvenient and involves a low utilization of the available room. Did you verify that the intended winding gemetry fits the bobin?

3. You are specififying the type number of an ungapped core with a 0.2mm center gap. Do you expect the transformer manufacturer to grind the core?

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks,

2. Twisting litz wire strands is inconvenient and involves a low utilization of the available room. Did you verify that the intended winding gemetry fits the bobin?
...twisting litz strands, at that thickness (1.2mm) will be , I believe, far easier than twisting solid Enamelled copper wire strands?
The geometry does fit the bobbin.....

The winder will be able to grind the gap, or recommend someone who can.

The winder still hasn't got back to me, I am not due to start till Monday so I couldn't yet put the company name. maybe that's why he hasn't got back yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.