Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Full bridge Phase shift converter design(new question added)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsklkk

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
phase shift full bridge

I am going to use UCC3895 or UC3875 to my project. Which is good? Any application notes can help my project?
Also, any component such as power mosfet and diode are good for my project?

Project:
Background:high power DC DC converter 4kW(96V->200V)
For Electric Vehicle drive
Accept 4 quadrant control
FS:100kHZ

phase shift converter

4 quadrant?

no i dont think this is possible with a full bridge smps to go 96v to 200v.

ie you cant "go back the other way".....cant recharge the battery from the 200v back into 96v then into the batt.

4 quad" you are thinkin of inverter drives which is something different.

phase shift full bridge converter

You didn't tell your intended topology. I think, that 96 to 200 V 4Q conversion implies two H-bridges and a transformer. Primary and secondary have to be synchronized. I don't know, if the said TI controllers offer a good way to realize the design, but they basically can do.

I fear, that 100 kHz may be somewhat high in terms of switching losses, 10 to 50 kHz possibly can achieve a better tradeoff between transformer size and losses. With MOSFET, you won't use any diodes for the power stage, normally.

full bridge phase shift

That would be a large project. First find some ideas for ZCS or ZVS converters. About your PWM, I think UC3895 is good. Use ther phase shift to obtain ZCS or ZVS design.

full bridge converter design

Thanks to all.
I propose to use ZVS phase shift converter.
Sorry to say,
is it UCC 3895? or UC3875? since I don't know UC3895
is it really difficult to obtain the good result by using 100khz ?
Can anyone help me to design the high frequency transformer? any website is good?
What is the difference between mosfet and power mosfet?
What should i use in my project? Any suggestion? IC code please....
I will design 1kw first then boost.
I hope I can at least obtain 1kw....

phase shift bridge

if i try 50khz first, should i design a new transformer? or used the proposed one?

phase shifted full bridge

ucc" is the newer version , its lower power.

thry the app notes on the IC makers website.

with transformer...just ensure...

1.it doesn't saturate at maximum current.
2. it can handle the flux deviation
3. magnetising flux does not build up.

ucc3895 zvs

Any method to design a 4KW transformer? or desgined by several lower rating tranformer then combine it i.e. 2KWx2? will the ciriculating current a great problem?

phase shifted full bridge converter

Any method to design a 4KW transformer?
It's engineering work, generally. You'll find complete books, semiconductor and core manufacturers application notes, design software and ....

Some engineers are working with this stuff since years (or even for a lifetime) and still find out new things. So don't expect a simple answer.

Some basic steps are to choose a suitable core and magnet wire. The first may be influenced by personal taste and availability. For the latter, 50 kHz surely needs Litz Wire or possibly a foil winding.

Regarding paralleling transformers. This is easy because of the leak inductance, that is present anyway.

full bridge design

I've been studying Full bridge converters but i haven't done experiments bout it. Hope this can help.

uc3875 application

I use 3c90 material for my transformer ok? how can i find a application notes of this material?

phase shifted bridge

Hello,
the thread I found googling the same task, the rectifier designing for high power D-class audio amplifier ~2KW per channel.
100 kHz operation is possible, even more, just you will need good quality cores and fast FET-s. Transformers calculations can be found at - excellent beginning.

I'm on the prototyping stage now.
Kindly, could you share your progress and results?

Added after 5 minutes:

need to mention: simple Shottky diodes rectifiers impose significant loses when high power required, hence cooling subject raise with increased footprint. The Synchronous rectifiers going to use instead. Let me know if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back