Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] full bridge converter with mosfet and ir 2214

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerelec_sci

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
H bridge converter with mosfet and ir 2214

i have problem in ir 2214 high voltage gate driver. i have made driver circuit as par the datasheet,but output of the driver at the H bridge( H bridge configuration made by IGBT GT20J101) working only at the low side and output at the second driver high side not obtain. plz reply

Dear pinki
Hi
I think you forgot to attach your schematic ?! anywhere , how much is the value of boot strap capacitor that you have used and how much is the value of your frequency ?
Best Wishes
goldsmith

Hello sir,
In IR2214 driver circuit value of boot strap capacitor is 1uF(metalized capacitor) and the valve of PWM frequency 20KHz.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

Hello sir,
In IR2214 driver circuit value of boot strap capacitor is 1uF(metalized capacitor) and the valve of PWM frequency 20KHz.

Hi again
It is pretty low . increase it as high as 100 uf .and be sure thus it will work fine !
Good luck
Goldsmith

Hello Sir,

Thanks for your advice. i want to inform you that my circuit is now working fine with the change of capacitor. Thanks for your help. i really appreciate it. 1 thing more, can you please tell me how did you decide the value of boot strap capacitor??

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

Hello Sir,

Thanks for your advice. i want to inform you that my circuit is now working fine with the change of capacitor. Thanks for your help. i really appreciate it. 1 thing more, can you please tell me how did you decide the value of boot strap capacitor??

can you please tell me how did you decide the value of boot strap capacitor??
Hi again
Sure , as you probably know , each capacitor has a leakage resistance , it means that each capacitor can't keep , it's charge for long times .
There are some formulas to select that capacitor , that you can find in application notes and datasheets , but i didn't use those formulas ( never ) . i selected the value of each boot strap capacitor , according to the experiences that i have earned , until now . 100 uf , is enough for this frequency and higher frequencies ( at higher frequencies you should pay more attention to the ESL and ESR ) . but when your frequency going down , you have to increase the value that capacitor .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back