Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

full bridge converter with ir2214

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikas_5891

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i have problem in ir 2214 high voltage gate driver. i have made driver circuit as par the datasheet,but output of the driver at the H bridge( H bridge configuration made by IGBT GT20J101) working only at the low side and output at high side not obtain. frequency of PWM is 25Khz.
Ihave replaced boot strap capacitor is 1uF/100v(metalized capacitor) with 220uF/63v(electro.) but boot strap voltage remain same at 5V..
FLT/CLR and FALT/SD at 5v.... SYS/FLT at low...
plz reply

Attachments

• micro_pwm.bmp
    2.3 MB · Views: 119
  • driver ir2214.bmp
    4.9 MB · Views: 126

How did you deduce that you can not obtain high side output? Did you use a voltmeter/oscilloscope to check the high side output? If so, you may not get a signal in voltmeter or oscilloscope. Instead, for testing only, remove the bridge from the drivers, connect VS to ground and check signal from between high side gate drive output pin and ground. Now, you should see the output. If you obtain the output pulse now, then, disconnect VS from ground, and proceed with the bridge, connect a load and check.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Thanks Tahmid,
yes i have use oscilloscope to check the high side output. pules are not obtain at high side but low side gate of IGBT with respect to GND it appears.

In that case, do what I suggested. Remove the MOSFET bridge connections from the driver. Connect VS to ground and observe output. Then, if all seems okay, remove connection of VS from ground and reconnect bridge. Then, check signal/voltage across load.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

You are using GT20J101. So it seems your IGBTs are in high voltage (may be 400V). But you are using MBR160 to charge bootstrap capasitors. PIV of MBR160 is only 60V. You can not use low PIV diode in such cofiguration to achieve high voltage switching. If your IGBTs are really in high voltage, then you have to use MUR160 or MUR180 or MUR1100 or UF4007 to charge bootstrap capasitors. All these are ultra fast high PIV diodes.

Use Tahmid's idea to make confirm that your IC is not faulty.

Last edited:

hi,
I have use UF4007 to charge bootstrap capacitor and also follow Tahmid's idea but i do't get pules at high side driver output. plz suggest me any other sch to check IR2214 IC. i have dead line to complete this project "Full bridge converter" and i tried it lot.... plz help me...

Now tell us about the DSH (desaturation sense high) and DSL (desaturation sense low) connection of the IC. In the picture it is not shown.

If your DSL and DSH connection is proper according to the datasheet, then you will NOT get output pulses (from low and high side driver) if you remove IGBTs. Now start again, remove the IGBTs connection from the driver, then connect Vs to ground (COM), then connect DSL pin to COM and DSH pin to Vs. Then observe BOTH (low and high side) drivers output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back